Sunday 6 May 2007

The Big Blue!


After the suffereings of jetlag in Sydney, came the mighty Blue Mountains! Where we did some mighty walks up and down so-called "Giant Stairway", "Fuber Steps" and the "Golden Stairway"...I've come to the conclusion that they give them nice names to make you walk them, when really they should say..."this way's gonna kill ya"! We did the walk to the Runied Castle whcih nearly did kill us...over a rocky landslide, through a hot rainforest before climbing up loose rocks to a pile a stones! Before walking all the way back to go up the bloody Golden stairway, which were really just bloomin' stpe carved into the cliff edge which left you tugging on to tree branches roots for dear life! Not to mention the big ants in the forest, that though they be small...I could see teh look in their eyes, they were just waiting to trio me over and then they's attack...like the little people in Ted Danson's Gulliver Travels' or more recently Ben Stiller in Night at the Museum (saw on plane along with 6 others)! So instead i ran for it and left them behind waving the fists in anger! Also jen twisted her ankle...was gonna leave her behind but though better of it ; )

Then it was back to Sydney...where I got ill...it was horrible...that's all I'll say, that and I'll never eat in China town anywhere again! But we managed to do the sights: The Sydney tower, teh Harbour bridge and Opera House and a visit to the aqaurium where I stroked a shark! It was a baby....but still hada crazy look in its eye! xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you risked another Chinese after last time! Glad you are feeling better and enjoying being at one with nature!
You must be getting very fit with all the walking and climbing. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Everyone is enjoying reading your blog. Love Mum + Dad. xxx

Sarah-Jane said...

Hi Carla,

Glad you are having a good time..
Enjoy every moment..I will keep checking your blog for new entries..
Stay safe..
Love Sarah-Jane & James x x

Aunty Amanda & Uncle Ken said...

Hi honey good to hear from you, glad you are haveing a good time down under he he. we are following your you twos adventures closely better keep off the chinese for awhile eh!
Hi Cala uncle Ken here,sounds like you are having a good time stay safe and happy love you lots always from your loving uncle and aunty

Anonymous said...

Well I would just like to say that I am very jealous and I miss the sound of the australian road crossings, it makes the whole thing much more fun dont you think?

Really good to read what your up to even if it does make me sick with envy, perhaps i'll have to quit my job and track you down!! Love Karen x