Wednesday 19 September 2007

Coral Coast: The Beach House



OK, so the sun burn actually made us both a bit sick, we had intended to stay only one night at the hotel but that was soon extended to recover. The extra time allowed us to get ourselves sorted and book up the next hostels and transport. We paid deposits which was a nice way to get around the 3% tax (only paying tax on deposits was much less....mmmwhahahahaha!!!)

It was on to the Coral Coast and we arrived at the pretty, out-of-the-middle-of-nowhere hostel called the Beach House where Last Year's Celebrity Love Island was filmed. I hadn't seen it but from "thanks for voting for me" messages left on the walls in the sitting area (that was the bedroom on the programme) and all the rectangular one-way-mirror-type windows everywhere, I got the idea.


The Beach house was another lovely place to lay in a hammock (I was starting to get permanent imprints from laying the hammock string) and also to have a swing on their very cool giant swing from a palm tree! I also did some very practical coconut jewellery-making and I had a nice horse trek on the beach on a sweet but incredibly sprightly horse called Lola, plus there was free afternoon tea daily with scones! Lovely!


So we had a good time at the Beach House, I watched some palm leave weaving (a pretty impressive Grasshopper) and failed miserably with my own attempt. We even popped into a market in Sigatoka where I had to learn how to Haggle which I am crap at! So I instead formed an anxious-looking-undecided face and that seemed to do the trick OK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you stayed in the place they filmed love island, thats so funny, looks gorgeous.