Thursday 7 June 2007

Cairns and Cape Tribulation!


Well, we made it to our final stop via the greyhound coach ticket. It was kind of sad knowing it was our last but I got over it. In Cairns it's so humid but that was nothing compared to up in Cape Tribulation where we went next. We went up Daintree River hunting for crocdiles and saw a couple but they're bloody hard to spot, saw snakes too but they're not as exciting really. We walked through a couple of tropical rainforests after that: one at Daintree and the other was called Dubuji not far from Cape Tribulation beach. While in Cape Tribulation we went to see a very cute, so cute fruit bat before going on this weird forest walk that we ended up nearly running through as what seemed like a swarm of mozzies attacked us. They wouldn't go away, two for instance just trawled behind Jen who was infront of me, as if trying not to be seen...I later called them Alfred and Juniper! Though now, covered in bites and itchy all over...I find I actually dislike them with great intensity. After Cape, and a short stop at Port Douglas we have come back down to Cairns again to spend some days lazing and for me to eat some icecream before our flight to Alice Springs on Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done for almost completeing Australia I am really jealous. I will keep checking how u are getting on. My bunnies will deffinately miss you this summer. gd luck in kiwi land

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I'm going to miss all the animals coming to stay this year...I'm so Jealous my mum will be hugging the bunnies instead, Not having Georgie trying to bite my fingers off this summer is something I can deal with though! xx