Thursday 7 June 2007

Magnetic Island Madness!

Magnetic Island was our next stop and what a fab little place it turned out to be! We were staying at this place called Bungalow Bay Koala Park which backs onto the wildlife park. The little hut-type accomodation was cool and you you fall asleep to the sounds of all the animals around and then get waken up about 6am by a laughing Kookaburra! We had a special deal to go into to the wildlife park to see all the little critters and hold some too! So I held a cute little 2 year old Saltwater Crocodile called "Barbie" as well as a lizard, a Carpet Python snake and had a photo cuddling another Koala, this one was called Barney! I also licked a green ant's butt (tasted like sherbet) and ever since ants have been attacking me...its as if they know! We also walked through the forest and saw hundreds of thousands of butterflies and fruit bats flying overheard before coming face to face with the golden-orb spider which is one big female spider... especially compared to the males! But I was ok as long as I could look at it without it crawling on my face...I was ok! At Magentic Island we also saw a couple of wild koala's up in the trees and fed a flock of Rainbow Lorikeets that seem to land all over you and scratch the hell out of you before finally one that was sitting on my head actually crapped on it too! Which is not good luck in the least!

No comments: