Tuesday 28 August 2007

Cruising with Dolphins!

Well, my 24th birthday was nigh upon us and I wanted to do something fun while we were up in the Bay of Islands - so we took a cruise aboard the Dolphin Seeker! The weather was a bit worse for wear on the boat but I prevailed, standing on deck for as long as I possibly could, even though the wind was biting at my ears and my eyes were streaming, I refused to give up my place. I was rewarded for it when the pods of dolphins came swimming up in front of the boat. They had fun swimming along and leaping out of the water in turn! The wind picked up and soon I had to sit inside - defeated, as we sailed up to and through the famous "Hole in the Rock". The water got a bit treacherous as we went through to the other side so maybe being inside was a good idea in the end. Afterwards, I bought myself a little birthday present: a keyring with some dolphins, the bay of islands, and my name too!

No comments: