Tuesday 28 August 2007

My Birthday!!!!

Dawn came and with it came my 24th birthday (also the 124th anniversary of the Krakatoa eruption)! I had been awake for a while so the day began with a morning walk on the beach before we wondered around town with an ice cream in the rain! We came back to the hostel with a apple pie birthcake - I stuck a lit match in it and we sang Happy Birthday (I joined in, as just Jen singing would have been strange!) Another walk on the beach and soon it was time to head off to dinner.


Yes we had dinner out! It was pizza and lemon cheesecake for dessert which the staff of the restaurant brought out with a candle and sang me Happy Birthday! Full up of the sublime cheesecake we headed to a bar near the hostel for a cocktail bought with the $10 my friend Karen (thanks Karen!) had gave me in a birthday card I'd been carrying around with me for the last 5 months. It was a grand birthday in New Zealand!

No comments: